Thursday, September 30, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time, true as it can be. Barely even friends, then somebody bends, unexpectedly. Just a little change, small to say the least. Both a little scared, neither one prepared, Beauty and the Beast. Ever just the same, ever a suprise, ever as before, ever just as sure, as the sun will rise. Certain as the sun, rising in the east. Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, Beauty and the Beast. Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme...Beauty and the Beast.

Beauty and the Beast first came out in theaters in 1991, when I was still in the womb. I never got the chance to see it on the big screen, but I've seen it countless times regardless :). It's by far the best Disney film ever made, and I would argue that it's the best animated film ever made - it is the only animated film to be nominated for the Oscar for Best Picture.

Belle has been my role model since I was too young to remember! My mom has a baby book for me, in which she states that when I was about 2 years old, I would stand in front of the tv when Beauty and the Beast was playing and I would sing all of Belle's lines and dance to everything else. My parents bought me the DVD when it was released for the first time (on DVD) in 2001, and I still have it :). I have a newer copy too, and I'm planning on getting both the Blu-Ray and DVD versions when they come out in the next two months. Ask anyone who knows me well and they can tell you about how much I have still look up to Belle and how much I love Beauty and the Beast.

The re-release of Beauty and the Beast: Diamond Edition is this year, and in honor of that, Beauty and the Beast was put back into theaters for two exclusive showings! You can only imagine my excitement and anticipation! I have literally waited my whole life to see this movie in theaters.

My dad wanted to take me to see it (how sweet is that?!?), so we bought tickets and went to the first showing, on Wednesday the 29th of September 2010. (This is kind of a "scrapbook" post :P) We were the first ones there, first ones into the seats, and got the best seats in the place. I wore a blue top (BELLE!) and did my hair in a sort of twisty ponytail to make it look more like Belle's, and I wore a pink rose ring. Call me a geek, but you have no idea how much this meant to me. The movie was fantasic and every bit as wonderful as ever. I actually cried during the movie :')
Judge me if you will. If you do, you don't love the movie as much as I do. :)

I've been singing Beauty and the Beast all week for voice practice (even though it's in my low register/chest voice) and when I practiced for ballet I used a ballet style recording of Beauty and the Beast. I bought a Beauty and the Beast tote to take with me to the movie. I could barely contain my excitement!!!!! I'm not even sure I did :P !!! The sing along part was really cool; I think I would have enjoyed it a little more to see it without the words on the bottom of the screen, but nothing was bringing this down for me. Below are some of the pics of me at the theater before I got to see the movie that shaped my childhood/life for the first time on the big screen.



There's me with my ticket! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I still can't believe how amazing it was. I feel like Beauty and the Beast has also helped me decide what to do for college. I only wish I could have worn a Belle costume to the movie, but college students like me generally lack funds.

I love Beauty and the Beast.


No comments:

Post a Comment