Friday, July 30, 2010

Big week! BOUGHT MY FIRST CAR!!!!

I bought my first car on Monday night!!! :D I've been looking for a car since May, as my brother is going to a different school next semester and I won't be able to carpool with him. I needed something with 4WD, or at least AWD since I'm dealing with snow. And I didn't want a humongous gas guzzling SUV or a truck either so I was looking at Toyota RAV4s, Ford Escapes, Suburu Foresters, Suzuki Grand Vitaras, Honda CRVs, and a few others. I was praying about finding one and having wisdom and guidance on which one to buy the whole time! :)

My original goal was to get a car before the month of July, but I only checked out one car before then. It was a black Toyota RAV4, which was originally my automobile of choice. But the owners failed to mention that the entire windshield was cracked from the left to the right, and then bottom to top, so I was not exactly comfortable buying it because I didn't feel like I could trust them. So, no other (decent) cars came up. Then there was a 2002 yellow Ford Escape, which I thought was totally adorable! And I don't usually like yellow cars. But it sold the next day before we could look at it. On last Thursday my mom found a car online (Suzuki Grand Vitara w/65,000 miles) and we talked about taking a look, because the miles were so low, but I don't know, something about it just wasn't appealing to me.

Well, on Monday, my mom went online and started looking at cars again (she really wanted to find me one :P) and came across a nice looking white Ford Escape. But it had 2WD, so that was out. Then literally 20 seconds later, she calls me back into her room and shows me a car. It's a 2002 yellow Ford Escape with 111,000 miles (less than normal for a 2002) and 4WD. We drove around 1 1/2 hours to go take a look, bought the car, and drove home, getting back at around midnight. Here' s a pic of the car! Same make and model, but not "my" car. I don't have my own pic yet. I don't know why exactly, but I really love the car :)

So now I have college/job/anything else transportation! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment