Friday, July 30, 2010

Big week! Wisdom teeth!!!!!

Well this week's events have been big ones, a few milestones in my life. ~NOTE~ This is going to be a two-part post because it won't fit on one :)

My next milestone this week was getting my wisdom teeth out. 7am this morning, to be exact. My brother was going to get his out this summer, and my mom decided to get ours done the same day to get it all over with. I requested to go first because I know my brother, and I did not want to see him come out of it before I went in :/ So I got the first appt of the day, 7am so I stayed up really late last night so I'd be more tired going in and not so nervous. I was actually really excited because they've been coming in and causing pain lately. I wasn't really nervous at all until last night, when my BEST FRIEND (:P) asks me if I'm ready to have, and I quote, "my gums ripped open and my teeth yanked out". Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but whatever :P and besides, what are friends for?

So I went in at 7 and my brother went in at 9. My first IV actually - oddly enough I've never had a needle in the elbow vein (whatever you call it) before - and the Dr. said I did the best he's ever seen. IDK if he was just being nice. :P then the nurse started to lean me back and literally three seconds later, I was out. Woke up, came home, and have been in bed all day drinking all liquids.

Ooh but I want to tell you about my brother! Ok so he's 6'2", around 180 pounds. So pretty big and muscular. Apparently the Dr. had to give him two times the normal amount of sedation during the surgery because he was talking the whole time and asking questions about how the medicine was affecting his brain :P. Then he went kinda high and was saying so I've been told hilarious things to the nurses.

Then he came home and I said hi. He went *cue girly attitude voice* "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!" comeplete with a wave. Haha so then he got all defiant, and wouldn't sit down. He told my mom he wanted to test his limits and go down the stairs. My mom said no, and he sat down. Then she left the room. He turns to me and goes "Now's my chance". LOL and then he tried to go downstairs, but luckily my dad got him and forced him to lay down. He was still on meds because of how much he'd had, and he doesn't remember any of it. I was just boring and didn't do anything interesting coming out of the surgery.

So that's been fun! LOL

My procedure went pretty well, but they had a harder time with me. My top 2 were up really high, but my bottom two were really rooted in, so the doctor had to cut out some of my jaw bone (eek!). My brother's bottom to were completely in already, and the top two were pretty far down so his was easy, minus the talking :P.

I came out really well and so far it really hasn't been half bad! I think there was a ton more hype about the pain and everything than necessary. Seriously, it wasn't bad at all!

Our dentist called this afternoon to check up on us, which I thought was awesome. My brother brought home his teeth but I didn't because I didn't get the chance to ask before I went under. So I asked if the dentist still had them, and he said that they were in a hazardous waste bin (weird) but he could get them out for me :P. He also said because of the bone situation, I'll be really swollen and be way more sore than my brother. But I'm a little better with pain that him I think so I should be fine.

So that's my wisdom teeth story for you! Hope you...enjoyed it.....lol.

Well I didn't post a random pic in the last post, so I will post one here! Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides started filming around 3ish weeks ago, and this is the first photo from the production. Paparazzi photo obviously, not really from the company. I think it's in Hawaii, and that's Penelope Cruz, who plays Blackbeard's daughter, and is rumored to be Jack Sparrow's love interest. I'm not liking that, because I don't think Jack is a serious love interest kind of guy. But oh well, we'll see how it works. I loved the first POTC, and liked the last two, so I'm hoping this one will be good even without Keira and Orlando (who married fiancee Miranda Kerr last weekend!).


BTW, I just have to say that I might still have some drugs in me, so if something doesn't make sense, that's probably the reason. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment