Monday, October 11, 2010

In the mind of a child


This post is dedicated to my mom

Tonight we had a little girls night in and watched Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella, the one with Lesley Ann Warren. My mom was telling us all about how much she loved the movie when she was little and it was very sweet :) She said that she always thought it was the saddest move because of how terribly Cinderella was treated and how pitiful she was. She was telling us all
about how much she loved (and still loves) Cinderella's ballgown, with the little bit of sparkle and the tiara. "With that dress and that crown, you don't need any earrings or necklace," she was saying :P And then came the ball scene, and my mom was telling me about how she always knew Cinderella and the prince were meant for each other because when Cinderella comes to the ball, they are wearing matching outfits. ♥ And during the scene when Cinderella has to leave the ball, my mom said she had cried because she was so worried and didn't know what would happen to Cinderella. This was when she was about 5 years old.

Then we were talking about how magical things can be for children, and how some movies and music can make you feel the same feelings that they did when you were a child and how that never goes away. I was thinking about just how cool it is that she still ha
s all of those memories after all this time, and it was very sweet of her to share them. I don't hear that kind of stuff from her very often. It was just really cool to hear stuff like that from my mom, because I really enjoy finding out more about my parents. They are such awesome people.

So I wanted to dedicate this post to my mom
♥ I love you!



2 comments:

  1. Aww how sweet! Mother Daughter Times are the most magical moments because you learn things about them that you never understood or knew when you were a child. I wish I had that lol. That's so super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute pic at the end :)

    ReplyDelete