Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cardboard Cars, Eclipse, and Lookalikes


In a previous post I had mentioned that one of my summer plans was to work on my full length Twilight synopsis. Well I decided I wanted to rest my brain after reading the books last semester for my speech class, and I haven't even thought about it until now. But, I was having an online debate of sorts about Twilight and it got me going again, and of course in about one minute Eclipse will begin showing in theaters all around the country, so it's on my mind again. Anyway, I'm going to be working on it over the next month or so, and I was hoping I could get some help. I'm going to be presenting the synopsis and I will get a Q&A session thing afterwards, so I need to know: why do you like Twilight? What do you like about Twilight? How do you defend Twilight against anti-Twilight people? Etc, etc, etc. I want to be prepared for any and all questions. So if you think of anything, please comment!

Just to be clear - I do not have anything against people who like, love, or obsess over Twilight! I am not meaning to be derogatory, demeaning, or anything. I have personal issues (wow that sounds weird) with Twilight and Stephenie Meyer. So please don't think I'm trying to bash anyone who is a fan.


Random little thing - cardboard cars going through drive-throughs. LOL, my brother and I were talking about it the other day and then I googled some pics and videos of people. It's funny stuff. I was actually thinking about doing it when I was about 12, but my lack of cardboard and parental support stopped me from doing it. Maybe I can get a group together now and try it. Apparently Wendy's is super strict and they hate it when people try funny business at drive-throughs, so I'll see about McDonalds instead. Here's the link to a video of some girls doing the cardboard car drive-through joke.


The Princess Diaries movies were on Disney Channel about two weeks ago and I've since been thinking about princess movies. Some of my favorite princessy-type movies are:
Ever After
The Princess Bride

The Little Mermaid

Beauty and the Beast
all other Disney princess movies

Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement

The Young Victoria

a Cinderella Story

Enchanted
Thumbelina (<3)

and Penelope.
What are some of yours? I looove princess movies so I'm always looking for new ones to check out.

Oh and speaking of Twilight, Eclipse is out as of now - tonight. I'm not going to see it anytime soon but I thought it would be interesting to go to a popular cinema and just see how many girls there are. I figure with Twilight's popularity, you'd have to be a pretty devoted fan to go see the movie on the day it comes out. And I really hope that the people working at the cinemas with the crazy fangirls don't get overwhelmed and that their eardrums don't get blown out by the screaming. :/

It's been like two weeks since I posted last but it feels like two months o.O Youtube has been really weird the last week or two - I've tried to upload some videos and it never finishes processing them, or it aborts the upload. Has it been acting up for you?

Oh, and Risu Kim I've been reading your posts and everything but blogger won't let me comment on anything! I noticed that after you changed the layout, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. But I have been reading and attempting to comment :(

Random pic - they had that doppelganger week thing on facebook where everyone posted their celebrity lookalike as their profile pic. Who do you get compared to? Most of the time, I get Anna Popplewell (Susan from Narnia). Especially when the movies come out. But I think she's pretty and not obnoxious so I don't mind :P. I also get Olivia Wilde, Rachel Weisz, Kate Beckinsale, Rose Byrne, and Rachel McAdams. Hmm. Anyways, the pic is of Anna Popplewell from the Chronicles of Narnia.

2 comments:

  1. Hiyo,
    I noticed that with a lot of other layouts as well!! @_@
    It super sucks and I think I'll just keep with what blogger has to offer. I just really liked the background image... hm... It's 1:17am right now July 2. Give me 10mins and I'll fix it yay!
    Popplewell is super pretty :) She should learn how to sing and then take over Miley's position of popstar XD
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete