Monday, June 14, 2010

Pilates!

I've been in a major workout slump for like six months now. Last December I got to my goal weight. One week later, I got sick for two and a half weeks and gained around 7 lbs that I haven't been able to get rid of since. It sucks and I don't feel good. So I'm looking into different exercise options. I want to try Pilates and Yoga, and also start a good cardio routine or go to a cardio class. I tried out Pilates this morning for the first time ever.

I've never done any strengthening or core muscle workouts before so it was waaaaay difficult for me. I have no core strength at all. And that was the gentle pilates class! Shows how much work I have to do. There were several little old ladies in the class that were breezing through it.....you can imagine my embarrasment......Anyway. The teacher asked me if I was a dancer. I keep getting that, like 6 people asked me last semester and my french teacher was absolutely set in the thought that I was a ballerina. :/ I want to see about trying the Zumba class tomorrow evening. I love dance and I need to get back into it, and this way I'll get a workout as well.

So that's what happened this morning...


Random picture......Is it still random if you know I'm going to post one? Or is it random because you don't know what it will be? Hmm......Well it's kinda on beat with the rest of this blog. It's a picture of a healthy, in shape woman who isn't so sadly off track and out of shape as me :)

2 comments:

  1. aww~ well I take a jog (walk) through Runyon Canyon every once in a while since I don't have a hiking buddy, lemme know when you wanna go for a run! My bff is a fitness trainer and has $25/per session cardios in Beverly Hills Saturdays I believe so maybe you can go check that out. I'm sure you aren't as bad as you say you are. :P Silly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I'm not really that bad, but I was having a depressing fitness day so I took it out in the post :P *Sigh* one of those days

    ReplyDelete