Monday, May 24, 2010

Movie of the Week: Pride and Prejudice

Ok, so I'm gonna give you a movie recommendation! This is just a random thing, if you want me to do it more often just let me know!

Movie of the week: Pride & Prejudice

Alright, Pride and Prejudice is a movie, based on a book by Jane Austen. This review is for the 2005 version, starring Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen. Here is the synopsis from IMDB.com: "The story is based on Jane Austen's novel about five sisters - Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty and Lydia Bennet - in Georgian England. Their lives are turned upside down when a wealthy young man (Mr. Bingley) and his best friend (Mr. Darcy) arrive in their neighborhood."
One of few book-to-movie adaptations that can live up to the book. The sheer amazingness of this movie makes it difficult to pick out the good things about it. The love story is so sweet and really touching. I can't think of what to say about it next, because I love it so much. Kind of hard to describe but yeah. Go see it if you haven't already, and if you have, watch it again! Mr. Darcy FTW! (My little sister's a Bingley fan :P)

Random pic: In place of a random picture, I'm posting a pic of my favorite Jane Austen man. Mr. Darcy. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment