Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Me + cars on dirt roads + mailboxes = not good



So I was driving on a dirt road this morning on my way to school. I came up over a hill and I noticed the car was going too fast. I started to use the brakes to slow it down and the car started swerving all the way down the hill. I tried to get it to straighten out but I couldn't so I ran over one of those Gazette mailboxes. The mailbox and post were fine but the front of the car is torn up and has a flat tire. I was going to go up to the house (the one the mailbox belongs to) to see if anyone was home but they have a monster-sized, extra large German shepherd guard dog...so that didn't happen.


We were able to get the tire replaced today and I'm going to send the people a letter, offering to pay for anything on the mailbox that needs replacement. The car also needs a new bumper cover, lights, and a paint job, since the new bumper won't match the color of the rest of the car. I'm really glad that I didn't hit another car though or anyone else. And I'm safe too, just a little shaken up and going through the different stages of post-traumatic behavior. :/



It was funny though, because just before I left this morning, I was thinking about how many times God has probably saved my life or kept me from harm - including the ones that I don't know about. Praise the Lord! He must get tired of keeping me out of danger though, because most of those times I know of it's been my fault for being careless.

So onto more happy topics that don't involve me and crashing and mailboxes being bowled over. :)

Disney's "Tangled" is set for release November 24 of this year. If it does well they might put Rapunzel in the Disney parks. I wonder though how much hair they would need for a wig! I'm surprised that there isn't a trailer out yet. ^^^^ Pictures are of Flynn Rider, and Rapunzel - and they are the test run dolls for the movie ^^^^ The Rapunzel doll looks like it needs some work, like in the face (it needs more personality) and in the outfit's quality, but Flynn looks good. I like his eyebrows.

Random picture, let's see what I can dig up... It's a pic from Fitness Magazine. Of a woman exercising. Something I haven't been motivated enough to do the last 2 weeks. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment