Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last day of the year! :o

Whoa...anyone else want time to go by slower?

Today is December 31st, 2009. Tomorrow it will be the first day of the new year, 2010! And what did I accomplish this year? Well...let me think.

I discovered the meaning of friendship.
I got through my first semester of college with a 4.0 grade average.
I've kept my room noticeably cleaner than last year :D
My clumsiness level went down by about 30%.
I've been more outspoken about things when they bother me.
I've begun to get my hair under control :D
I've learned to take pills.
I've narrowed down the list of college majors I'm interested in.
^^^ Keeping with that, I've made some college decisions for the better of my relationship with Christ, and my family.
I started something I never thought I would, because I was too afraid.
I'm starting to look at things on the positive side rather than the negative side.
I sang in front of my family. (and I DIDN'T sound like a cat in a trash compacter!)

There are the biggest things I've accomplished this year. Now, I suppose I should list off things I did not accomplish, so I can remember them and work on them. But thing is, I'm trying to be more positive. So instead of listing off things I didn't do, now I will list off the little, everyday accomplishments in my life.

I woke up every morning this year.
I quit some things that I really felt weren't worth it for me. (talking activities here, not drugs or anything vile like that)
I went up and down stairs and probably only tripped three times in the whole year.
I've become more thankful for the things I have. (I'm even thankful for my teachers!)
I've learned to give material things up more easily. (Want my pencil? You can have it!)
I started drinking more water (something I barely did at all last year).
I've started liking myself for who I am, and showing that to others.
I got my braces off.
I got my driver's license.
^^^on that note, I haven't been in any accidents!
I'm getting better at apologizing and admitting when I'm wrong. (I still struggle)
I'm learning to be a better friend instead of expecting others to be better to me.
I've learned what kind of people I want to spend more time with.
I've been more diligent in my Bible time.

Well, there's my list of little accomplishments. Whats yours? Anything you're pleased with goes. One thing I learned this year is that if something makes you proud, even if others don't notice, you should hold your head up high.
So what is it for you? Did you learn to skateboard? Make dinner without burning it all? Make your bed two mornings in a row? Clean the bathroom? Whatever it is, write it in a comment below. If there's a little accomplishment that makes you happy, write it down and share it! And don't forget to be encouraging for other people's accomplishments, whether its important to you or not. That's it for this post. Here's to a great year of wonderful accomplishments and to a great new one coming up!

Oh, I almost forgot...random picture!

"Mon Ami...pour toujours." French, and it translates to "My friend...for all the days."

No comments:

Post a Comment