Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Twilight PANDEMONIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as you may already know...I'm not exactly what you would call a fan of Twilight. Hate the stuff, actually. And I'm in a public speaking class this semester, and I had to do a persuasive speech. I chose Twilight (anti, that is). I had to give the speech today (its my final for the class) and I was super nervous about it. I had a feeling that no one would really like it....boy was I wrong.

I made up a custom design PowerPoint (in the colors red, black, and white), dressed in red and black (I'm already white enough) and I brought the books in for visuals. Well...not to toot my own horn or anything...but I think it was the best speech of the day. (today is our first day of final speeches so there were only 5 so far, inc me). I started off by making it sound like I was a Twihard fan just giving a pro-Twilight speech, and then I flipped it around really quick and surprised a lot of the audience members.

Lol ^^^ Edward's a pimp. It had to be said.

The funny thing was that I intended for it to be a serious speech, as I was addressing the abusive elements of Edward's behavior. However, the way that I said something in the intro made the audience laugh a lot, so I ran with it and ended up giving it in a more humorous way. I think I had the audience laughing practically through the whole thing, and hopefully convinced several of them. I got some really good feedback too - one girl said that she had to try really hard to find something wrong, and everyone said that I was really credible and obviously knew my stuff. My teacher said that it was great, and that she was surprised because she didn't expect it to be humorous. Neither did I! :P It was amazing - it went better than I had even hoped!

I've decided that I'm going to write up a full essay/analysis of my issues with Twilight. A book the size of a Twilight book on the problems with Twilight, basically. I'll start on it, section by section after school is out for the summer. It's gonna be looooooooonnnngggg. But fun :P That's one of the things I loved so much about today - getting a whole audience's attention and getting to pretty much rag on Twilight for 10 minutes. Too, too much fun :D
My favorite anti-twilight picture:


So now onto different topics............here are some weird and/or funny commercials. As you know I have a habit of reading into commercials a little too much...so there's also some commentary on a few.
Swiffer
- I just like Swiffer.
Swiffer 2!
- This one makes me laugh. The mop has an awesome stage presence and personality.
STUUUUPID Crest commercial
- Really? She's auditioning in 2 weeks and her agent is concerned with her smile? What is she auditioning for? Wow... She must not really care much about getting the part either then, if whitening your smile is so important. If she did, she wouldn't be drinking the wine and eating the pie and all that. It just gets on my nerves. I think it's the same girl who's on the wedding Crest 3D White toothpaste commercial. That one doesn't get on my nerves.

Random picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! National Treasure has been on TV aaallllllll weekend......and National Treasure 2. They're good movies though, not complaining. It's just on nonstop. Riley's my favorite. He reminds me of the younger OceanSpray cranberry guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment